Fostoria City Schools is committed to educating the whole child and preparing our students to go out and be Leaders in the world. Three years ago, the district made the commitment to partner with Franklin Covey and implement the Leader in Me in our three elementary buildings. As they enter the third year of this partnership, our staff and students have learned the 7 Habits, understand the importance of goal setting, and now are focused on the impact that the habits and goals have on the achievement in the classroom. Our youngest students are learning crucial life skills for their future: collaboration, research, commitment and ultimately how to manage themselves as individuals in society. All of these skills are crucial to achieving lifelong success.
The Fostoria City School Distirct distributes a quarterly newsletter spotlighting student and staff achievements, provide department and school updates, etc.
Click here to view the latest and archived FCS District Newsletters.
Fostoria City Schools provides a 5-Star Step-Up-To-Quality (SUTQ) rated preschool program.
Class of 2017 graduating seniors accepted over $280,000 in scholarships to further their education at a university, or in the military. This senior class also had 40% of the students choose to continue their education beyond their high school years.
As a district, we are committed to 100% of our students being involved in some activity in the school. We recognize that if students have an interest that they are able to fulfill at school their level of success across all areas goes up. Our belief is strong enough that we have incorporated this as an action step in our district improvement plan.
Vanguard-Sentinel Participation - 28% of our student population attended Vanguard-Sentinel receiving vocational skills
Athletics - 19 teams, across a wide range of sports. Established leadership group for student athletes.
Other clubs and organizations:
- STRIVE- through partnership with the local Rotary Club
- Quiz Bowl
- Youth to Youth
- Student Council
- Pep Band
- DECA- national qualifiers every year
- Art Club
- Spanish Club
- National Junior Honor Society
- National Honor Society
Additional FCS partnerships/opportunities:
- Student Council- Annual Blood Drive
- Empty Bowls – annual fundraiser with proceeds going to local food pantry (students make ceramic bowls people purchase/donate and enjoy soup at the annual event)
- Hi-Y or Youth to Youth Box City
- Swim lessons for all third grade students in partnership with the YMCA
- School Therapy Dog
- CCP (College Credit Plus)
- FRC Services- mental health assistance (40 students@ this time) not sure we put the number
- Summer opportunities
- Academic Adventure Camps @ elementary levels
- Summer School @ JSHS
- Summer Rec in partnership with the City of Fostoria
- PTO Annual Events
- Trick or Treat Bingo
- Color Run - supporting student action teams and expenses of therapy dog
Redmen Pride Band Performances/Accomplishments:
- 2014 Memphis Liberty Bowl
- Won all awards and overall (6 total) in our class at the field show competition
- Marched in parade on Beale St
- Won all awards and overall (6 total) in our class
- Performed at halftime of the Liberty Bowl with other HS bands backing up Country Music duo Big and Rich
- Qualified for OMEA State Concert Band contest in 2015 & 2016
- Accepted an invitation to perform at the 2016 McDonald's All-American Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago
- Performed as the featured HS band at the Ohio Lion's Club State Convention at Cedar Point in May, 2017